Last Updated: March 17, 2015
This website, www.napower.com, is owned and operated by, or on behalf of, North American Power and Gas, LLC, and its affiliates (collectively, "NA Power," "we" or "us").
How We Collect Information
When you sign up to receive our products and services, you and/or your utility company are required to provide certain information in order to allow us to provide such service. This information may include your name, Social Security number, date of birth, physical address (including billing, mailing and service addresses), email address, phone number, utility account information (including your billing and payment history, energy consumption data, and eligibility information with respect to medical, elderly, disabled, economic development and other incentives) and Payment Information. We may also obtain or purchase information about you from other sources, such as credit information from companies such as Experian, before commencing service. We may require similar information when you register to become one of our Independent Representatives. We may receive updates of this information from time to time throughout our provision of services to you. You may rescind this authorization at any time by providing written notice thereof to us or by calling us at 1-888-313-9086; however, doing so may result in our decision to terminate your service.
When you download one of our mobile applications such as our rewards application, the information we collect through such application on your mobile device will be indicated at such time.
Information You Choose to Share
We also receive all information that you voluntarily submit to us, whether through this website or our affiliated websites, mobile applications or social networking pages, by phone or email or otherwise.
Information Collected From Others
We may obtain information about you from referrals (such as from one of our Independent Representatives) and from directories, websites and other publicly available sources.
Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes, without limitation, Internet Protocol addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
Our websites may use other technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, or other forms of local storage, including HTML5 local storage in order to collect and track information about visitors to our websites. Information collected from these types of technologies, and from cookies and Flash cookies, is collectively referred to as "website usage data." If you do not want to receive browser cookies, you may be able to set your browser to reject them. If you wish to disable or delete Flash cookies, you should consult the Help file for your Flash application, and/or visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. However, if you turn cookies off (whether browser or Flash cookies), you may not have access to some of our website's features and services. The other technologies that our websites use may not be able to be disabled; if you are concerned about this, you should not use our websites.
Some technologies used on our websites permit our advertising network service providers to serve our advertisements to you as you browse on third party sites. Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We may also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide you with the products and services that you want, including processing and enforcing payment;
- To protect your account from fraud, unauthorized access or identity theft and to verify your identity in connection with your account;
- To determine whether we will commence and/or continue to provide you with energy supply service;
- To maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites;
- To tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets;
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our sites and the purchases visitors make on our sites;
- To provide you with administrative information regarding your account(s) with us, such as notification of payments or changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To administer our Independent Representative programs;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and to provide appropriate customer service;
- To provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products, services and promotions, including our Independent Representative programs. If you have registered with us and do not want to be contacted in the future by NA Power or our advertising partners, please click the on the unsubscribe link located in such email.
- To allow you to participate in our promotions and sweepstakes, and to process rewards and prizes, including donations, as applicable (please see any applicable official rules);
- To allow you to send messages to your friends through the website. By using this functionality, you agree that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friends' name and email address;
- To allow you to participate on our social networking pages;
- To enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights, operations and property as well as yours and others; and
- For other legitimate business purposes, such as developing new products, improving our website, determining usage trends and creating marketing campaigns, and as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, including to comply with legal process and to respond to government authorities.
We may combine the information we collect with publically available information and information we receive from our parent company affiliates or subsidiaries companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you regarding products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes and for other purposes described herein.
How We May Disclose Your Information
Please note that we will release your Personal or Payment Information if required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process. We may disclose your Personal or Payment Information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to detect or prevent fraud or to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of NA Power, our employees, our business partners, our customers or the public. We may also disclose your Personal or Payment Information if you or your legal representative authorizes us to do so, or if it is necessary to perform credit checks or collect or report debts owed to us.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect, including, without limitation, any Social Security numbers we may receive. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring, receiving and displaying Personal and Payment Information on our website. Only those employees and service providers who need access to your Social Security number in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to such information. However, we cannot guarantee that all communications between us or information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers, and your use of the Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
Certain states where we operate have specific requirements regarding the disclosure and protection of certain customer personal information; for example, we comply with Connecticut's (C.G.S. 42-470 et. seq.) and Massachusetts' (201 CMR 17.00; M.G.L. c. 93H) applicable rules.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please complete and send us the Privacy Request Form. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
Third Party Websites/Social Networking Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, the Service may contain links to a number of websites that we believe may offer useful information or services. The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to those websites. We suggest contacting those websites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.
Modifying your Personal Information
If you would like to modify or amend from our database any Personal Information stored in your profile, or if you would like to amend your profile completely, you can do so by calling our customer service number or logging into our website, visiting the "My Account" section, and viewing the options available to you. Within this section, you can edit your information. We will endeavor to implement your changes within ten (10) calendar days.
Information from Children
We have no intention of collecting personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without the verifiable consent of such child's parent or guardian, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Changes to this Policy