Energy Hacks to Use This Summer!
Jul 05, 2017
Now that summer has arrived, we’ve decided to round up some energy saving tips you can start using right away! These tips are easy to implement and will make the warmer months even more enjoyable.
- Sleep breezy! Once the sun has set, enjoy that summer night breeze by opening your windows. Be sure to turn off your cooling system and let the breeze keep the house cool while you sleep.
- Ceiling fans please! Opt to use your ceiling fan instead of the A/C unit while in the kitchen. The air flow from the fan will cool you down BUT remember to turn it off once you leave the room. Fans cool people not rooms.
- Give your A/C unit a check-up! Early summer is the perfect time to make sure your A/C unit to ready for use! Schedule a maintenance check for your equipment.
- Cook outside! Avoid cooking meals inside on the stove or oven during the summer months. Turning on these appliances can raise the temperature in the kitchen up to 10 degrees… so fire up the grill instead!
- Seal air leaks! Invest in some caulk this summer. By sealing any gaps or openings in your house, especially around the windows, you will keep the cool air in and the hot air out!
Most Viewed Pages
- Where does your Power come from?
- How Much Heat Does a Lamp or a Light Bulb Give Off?
- Your Summer Survival Guide: Reduce Energy and Prepare for Hurricanes
- Fall Energy Saving Tips!
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- What You Ought to Know About Kilowatt Hours - kWh Explained