Energy Saving Tips: Laundry Room Edition
Mar 27, 2017
While you might not think about the energy costs of doing those loads of laundry, it can add up very quickly! Below are 6 easy tips that will help you save energy in your laundry room!
- Upgrade your dryer! By using an ENERGY STAR certified dryer, you will use 20% less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance.
- Empty the lint filter! After every load make sure you empty the lint filter to stop your machine from working harder. Running the dyer with a full lint filter can start a house fire… so empty it every time!
- Upgrade your washer! The average American family washes about 300 loads of laundry per year! ENERGY STAR certified washers use about 25% less energy & 40% less water than regular washers.
- Switch to LED bulbs STAT! Replace any incandescent bulbs in your laundry room with LED bulbs that use less energy and will last as much as 25 times longer!
- Run full loads! Stop running smaller loads that require you to run more loads, using more water. Consolidating laundry day into bigger, fuller loads you will use less water, which helps you save energy.
- Turn down the heat! For every 10 degrees, you lower the temperature of your water heater, you can save 3%-5% on your bill!
General tips are taken from the below sources and are not independently verified by North American Power. Dollar and usage savings are estimates and are based on, but not limited to the following: home profile information, performance assumptions, third-party resources, and the average regional cost for electricity. Savings are not guaranteed, are subject to change, and may vary.
Most Viewed Pages
- Where does your Power come from?
- How Much Heat Does a Lamp or a Light Bulb Give Off?
- Your Summer Survival Guide: Reduce Energy and Prepare for Hurricanes
- Fall Energy Saving Tips!
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- What You Ought to Know About Kilowatt Hours - kWh Explained