Summer Cooking Tips to Cut Back on Energy!
Jun 30, 2017
Happy (almost) 4th of July! Just in time for the big party you’re having tomorrow, we decided to put together a list of summer cooking tips that will help you cut back on energy use. You’ll be glad you started using these for the summer!
- Fire up the Grill! Using the stove or oven during the hot summer months can cause the temperature of your kitchen to rise 10 degrees! Opt to use the outside grill as much as possible to keep your house cool and your burgers delicious.
- Say YES to the microwave! Stay away from turning on your convection oven and use the microwave more often this summer.
- Is your fridge running? Do your spare fridge a favor and move it out of the garage and into a cooler spot like the basement. When your garage heats up from the high summer temperature, it will cause the fridge to work harder and use more energy to stay cool.
Most Viewed Pages
- Where does your Power come from?
- How Much Heat Does a Lamp or a Light Bulb Give Off?
- Fall Energy Saving Tips!
- Cutting Costs Around the House
- This or That Thursday: Coffee Maker, or Toaster?
- The Four Best Things You Can do to Cut Energy Use in your Home
- National Cut Back on Energy Day!
- North American Power Wins 2016 “Excellence in Customer Service” Award
- What You Ought to Know About Kilowatt Hours - kWh Explained
- Your Summer Survival Guide: Reduce Energy and Prepare for Hurricanes